Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013 from Sydney!

 Happy New Year! Wishing everyone a wonderful and fulfilled year ahead.

This year, I had the pleasure of ringing in the new year in Sydney Harbour. No, I didn't get the view of the bridge I wanted, but did met a lovely gentleman who was there by himself with all a bit of his camera equipment who I chatted with throughout the day and then lent me his tripod and taught me a bit about how to shoot fireworks. :)

For people from Vancouver, the fireworks themselves are beautiful over the harbour, but not as impressive as the Celebration of Light. However, the fireworks off the bridge are a different story. Those, are spectacular - but I only got a glimpse of it in person. I vow to come back one day and pay the $600 or whatever it is to be on a boat (or a bit less to be on an island lol).

Here are a few of my favourite shots! (No filters, no touch-ups and no editing, other than the bottom left hand corner on some of them, I blacked out the LCD screen of another camera that was in my frame)






No comments:

Post a Comment