Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I have never ...

... sweat so much in my life! I went to my first Zumba class today. Has the potential to be fun, but the instructor isn't the most enthusiastic. Not one smile ... no encouraging words. But most of all, it was hard to forget the sweat soaking through all my clothing. Not a pretty picture. At least everyone else was like that ... and sure fire way to lose a few quick pounds (but not a good way to do so!). Yes, there is NO A/C at most gyms unless I pay an arm and a leg for a membership. So, I'll have to settle with drinking probably 2 litres of water per workout (or something kinda silly like that).

I'm going to stick with Zumba for awhile ... spoke to a couple of ladies and mentioned I was interested in hip hop so one of them passed on the number of their daughter's instructors. I'm assuming her daughter would be closer to my age... she was apparently working out in the gym downstairs but I didn't get a chance to meet her. I hope that works out as I was told hip hop is more a thing for people my age ... so maybe I'll be able to grow my social network here!

While on the topic of fitness, I wanted to share the in-flight safety video I got to watch for Air New Zealand. So what does fitness have to do with an in-flight safety video? I present to you, this:



See if you can spot a celebrity other than Richard Simmons!

2 comments:

  1. That's Phil from the Amazing Race! Good thing the man had some sense and avoided wearing anything spandex.

    ReplyDelete