Tuesday, July 19, 2011

An eventful week!

This past week has been busy and in a good way! I met a lot of people doing a few new things so I'll just quickly recap!

Wednesday: I went for my first Hash House Harriettes of Colombo run (it's a mixed Hash). The Hash House Harriers/Harriettes is commonly known as "a drinking group with a running problem". A group of people come together at some location that is decided by some Hares (leaders) who lay a trail (and can include trick ones), do the trail walking or running, go through some club traditions at the end (recognition of milestones, drinking, and pranking), then eat and drink some more. One of the organizers arranged a ride for me there and then got a ride back which was awesome. I had a lot of fun walking and socializing and being a part of the debauchery that is Hashing! For those of you who are thinking "Denise drinking!?!?!" the answer is no beer for Denise. Just soda/pop and water.

Thursday: It was a Poya day so it was a day to just relax which was good! I really slept in after getting home a little late from the Hash the night before.

Friday: Was invited to happy hour at the Hilton Colombo by Emelie, a Swede that I met at last month's Internations.org event. It was fantastic. Happy hour here actually meant cheap booze and snacks (no, again I did not drink).  Met a bunch of people including one guy from the Isle of Man (where the Youth Commonwealth Games will be in less than two months!) who is interning with an NGO here. After that, I went to hang out on the rooftop patio of Julia, a girl who is training as a diplomat from the German Embassy here and met some of her friends.

Saturday: Slept in again and had a pretty chill day. Went to yoga as usual!

Sunday: There was an Ayurveda expo here in Colombo which I checked out in the morning before meeting with Michelle (cousin of a friend of a soccer teammate) for lunch. We had a great time over lunch and looking a bit around Odel. More Yoga, then a bit of cooking and cleaning! In talking to my yoga instructor, I'm thinking about taking a yoga & Ayurveda course if the scheduling works with my schedule!

Tonight: I had attended my 2nd Internations event. Internations meets monthly; it's an online forum essentially for "global minds" to meet. These gatherings brings out all sorts of people!

So this past week I feel like I'm finally having a bit of the routine I had back at home again. Going out for lunch, after work/weekend activities, and being a bit more active again. It feels good. :) Hoping to continue this routine in the weeks and months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment