Friday, July 1, 2011

McRice?

After work one day last week, the girls in the office decided to head to McDonalds for some burgers and chips. It was good times ... 6 of us in a booth, 3 large extra value meals (so we could share the large pops and fries), 2 burgers and my selection.So while they had their burgers and chips, I went for the special offering as McDonalds does to cater to regional tastes. The McRice with Chicken.

The McRice and I.

The lovely ladies I work with! (L to R: Rasani, Hiruni, Gayathri, Dinushi, Shammi)


Basically, it was Uncle Ben's type rice (seasoned) with a McChicken patty on top, with a side of spicy sauce which I think is meant to imitate masala. I couldn't tell. But, it wasn't bad, especially for 240LKR (about $2.20 CAD).

Since consuming the McRice, the following week has been pretty crazy (no, the two are not correlated although I imply it is - a consequence for eating McDonalds?). Commonwealth Youth Games accreditation deadline is looming so this week has been filled with more selection stuff, training representatives from National Sports Federations to enter information on Zeus, plus completing my work plan for the year and this month's report! Anyways, that's all in as of 15 minutes ago and I'm off to Mirissa, a small beach town 4 hours south of Colombo (only about 140km though) for one night and two days with a Canadian (Jaimie) I met this week at an Internations (a networking site for "global minds") event and a Taiwanese girl who is interning with Jaimie at the Asia Foundation. Hooray for my first real adventure out of Colombo!

Alright. Off to bed now as I'll be up in about 7 hours until departure. I promise photos ... but how quickly I'll get them up is another story. Sorry for being so lazy on posting photos, especially on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment